My friend Julie from the blog, Diary of a Homemaker asked me the other day if I had any craft ideas for using bushel baskets. Other than putting mums and pumpkins in them for a fall display or using them to hold potatoes through the winter like my mother does...I had no ideas. So I did some looking around and through Pinterest and Google images, this what I found.
1. Seasonal Decorations
3. Tatertots & Jello with a cute mum & bow design
Google Images came up with these 4. fall decor and 5. gold painted basket.
6. Savvy Southern Style show a cute basket filler with fall pretties.
2. Gift Baskets
- Red Gate Farm The Farmer's Market Basket. She has a ton of themed basket ideas here.
- Dandee Designs 'Summer in a basket'
- Doodlebuckets.com gave an idea for filling a basket with coffee, cookies etc.
- Make a bushel basket into a baby gift - filled with books, toys and baby items.
- Beautiful images of fruit baskets
- Dinner baskets for friends, new parents, neighbor, church raffles.
3. Fun with Bushel Baskets
- Aesthetic Nest throw a farmed themed birthday party
- Two Shades of Pink show how to make the cute little Fall apple basket decoration
- Diana Dig Dirt uses a bushel basket as garden art
- P.S. I made this... makes a lamp out of a bushel basket
- Red Geranium Cottage found this basket wagon at a store in Shipshwanna...how cute it that?
- How about this cute hand painted basket from Polyvore
- A Fine Feathered Nest has a beautiful had painted basket with a striped liner. It would be cute for a little girls room.
- Oilcloth Addict shows some beautiful liners for bushel baskets.
- The Style Sisters show a great way for turning a bushel basket in to a water cooler
- Lorajean's Magazine has a tutorial for a picnic basket with pockets.
- A Need for Caffeine made some cute baskets with ribbon.
- Embroidery.com has a cute tutorial for a liner and lid.
5. Odds 'N Ends